Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

computer not installing devices

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-30-09, 03:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I need some super computer help, can't find much info on the internet.

I've bought 3 items (digital camera, webcam,mp3 player) and none will install the drivers and my computer wont see them. No matter way i try the drivers wont install, i always have some problem come up. The other software will install but just not the drivers. For the camera i get some error code number and for the mp3 player, it says "access denied" when it tries install but give no reason why. No matter if i uninstall, reinstall, got to other sites or what, it wont work. It seems my computer has a problem with drivers and recognizing devices on the computer. If i plug the camera in nothing shows up. No device icon in the tool bar at the bottom. Like its just not there.

I've gone to the Device Manager in windows and i can make them appear under there, but says no drivers installed. But thats it. Nothing will show up. Also the mps player when plugged in, it'll have an usb device plugged in. But the computer wont recognizing what it is. I have all the service packs for windows xp. Don't know what the problem would be. I've installed other drivers and such before. But now it seems nothing is working.The usb ports work sonce i have things hooked up now.