Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

MS Outlook issue

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

MS Outlook issue

Old 11-18-09, 06:40 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western PA, Central Florida
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MS Outlook issue

The pc I use came with MS Outlook so I used it rather than the Outlook Express I preferred. Lately, with Vista and still with Windows 7, some emails do not show images, just little red x's. I will get a run with images then a few days all emails have the x's. I can't seem to find a way to correct this. Does anyone know a solution as I want all images to load when I click on the message. Thanks!
Old 11-18-09, 06:52 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Newberg, OR
Posts: 17,252
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: MS Outlook issue

In Outlook 2007, Go to Tools->Trust Center. In the "Automatic Download" section, there is an option to download pictures automatically.

It may vary in other versions.
Old 11-18-09, 06:55 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western PA, Central Florida
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MS Outlook issue

This is Outlook 2002. Wonder how I got such an old version on a new pc?
Old 11-19-09, 08:31 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 13,011
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MS Outlook issue

Originally Posted by kayak99 View Post
This is Outlook 2002. Wonder how I got such an old version on a new pc?
Probably because the previous owner had a Windows Mobile smartphone that synced with it. Older WinMo smartphones came with Outlook on CD.
Old 11-19-09, 10:01 AM
  #5  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western PA, Central Florida
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MS Outlook issue

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Probably because the previous owner had a Windows Mobile smartphone that synced with it. Older WinMo smartphones came with Outlook on CD.
It was a new pc in Feb or March when I bought it. There was no previous owner.

I solved the problem by going in and resetting the program to its default settings and my images are back. Only thing is, I never changed them.

Oh well. It is a windows program.
Old 11-19-09, 11:34 AM
  #6  
DVD Talk Legend
 
sracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Prescott Valley, AZ
Posts: 13,011
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MS Outlook issue

Originally Posted by kayak99 View Post
It was a new pc in Feb or March when I bought it. There was no previous owner.

I solved the problem by going in and resetting the program to its default settings and my images are back. Only thing is, I never changed them.

Oh well. It is a windows program.
Sounds like you bought it from a local system builder. No way would Outlook 2002 be preloaded on a new system sold from a major retailer this past Feb/March.
Old 11-27-09, 07:59 PM
  #7  
DVD Talk Special Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Western PA, Central Florida
Posts: 1,930
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: MS Outlook issue

Originally Posted by sracer View Post
Sounds like you bought it from a local system builder. No way would Outlook 2002 be preloaded on a new system sold from a major retailer this past Feb/March.
The system came from Dell but, I forgot, I loaded an older version of MS Office Pro I had laying around. Must have loaded from it.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.