Reload this Page >

Outlook 2007 and Google Cal sync?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 11-14-09, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to sync my outlook contacts, events, task, and notes with google calendar.

What is the cheapest way to go about this. Wait a second google cal doesn't have notes maybe a sync to google docs? Anything google would be good because my phone syncs with google crap.
Old 11-14-09, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Re: Outlook 2007 and Google Cal sync?

I think I found something. CompanionLink will sync calendar, contacts, task, and notes with google. The only problem is it puts the notes as contacts within the note section of google's contact. I guess I can make a category and just label it notes to keep everything neat.
Old 11-14-09, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

when I used Outlook, I used the free sync tools that are floating around. There's one for calendar, one for contacts, and I used IMAP for email.

But when I started using my G1 phone, I found it easier to convert from Outlook to Thunderbird/Lightning... (of course if you have to use outlook for work or some other requirement then that suggestion isn't too helpful).
Old 11-14-09, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I do use outlook for work but I'm not syncing anything from it. They don't pay me enough to care about anything while I'm away. Outlook is my main home app for contacts, task, events, and taking simple notes. I only use gmail for mail.

So If I used thunderbird/Lightning or maybe songbird I could use plugins or other free sync options to sync with google.