Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Question about burning an MP3 onto a CD

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Question about burning an MP3 onto a CD

Old 01-08-01, 02:03 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to preface this question by saying that I am EXTREMELY MP3/CD Burner illiterate.

There is a clip from a radio show that is about 30 minutes that I would like to record onto a CD. Next to the link to listen to the clip is a message saying "MP3 format. right click here and "save target as" to download"

My question is, what exactly do I need to do to get this 30 minute clip onto a CD?

I have a CD Burner on my computer, and the software that came with it is called Adaptec Easy CD Creator. I have never listened to an MP3, or downloaded one, so I doubt that I already have any software to play one.

If anyone is curious, the clip is at this website:

http://www.shuckandjive.com/cgi-bin/...h.pl?+classic+

ANY ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton...

Old 01-08-01, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Billman:
My question is, what exactly do I need to do to get this 30 minute clip onto a CD?

I have a CD Burner on my computer, and the software that came with it is called Adaptec Easy CD Creator. I have never listened to an MP3, or downloaded one, so I doubt that I already have any software to play one.

ANY ideas or help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks a ton...

<HR>

First of all, Easy CD will convert the MP3 to a regular CD track (.WAV,.CDA) so if that is all you want to do with it, just burn it and listen to the CD. If you wish to listen to it before you burn, download

WINAMP

and you are on your way.

[This message has been edited by dablueguy (edited January 07, 2001).]
Old 01-08-01, 03:10 AM
Banned

quote:<HR>Originally posted by dablueguy:
First of all, Easy CD will convert the MP3 to a regular CD track (.WAV,.CDA) so if that is all you want to do with it, just burn it and listen to the CD.
<HR>

That makes perfect sense, but how do I convert this MP3 file to a .WAV file? I have the file downloaded to my desktop, and the icon is a RealPlayer icon if that makes any difference.

Old 01-08-01, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, Adaptec Easy CD Creator version 4 will convert the mp3 for you. All you have to do is create a new music CD and add the mp3 file to the "playlist" in Easy CD Creator and then create the CD.

------------------
"You know Bob, It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I don't care."
Old 01-08-01, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you have WinAmp (which you should do anyway because it's dead good ) then you can go into the Preferences menu, and set the output plug-in to "Nullsoft Disk Writer" and choose a destination directory; all the program's audio output will now be as .WAV files to the selected directory.

------------------
It's said that given infinite time, a million monkeys with typewriters would write the finest signature ever created.

This signature? Three monkeys, five minutes.
Old 01-09-01, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Mtucker is correct. If you have Easy CD Creator 4, you don't have to manually convert the MP3 to a wav file. You just select the format for the CD you want to burn as 'audio CD' find the file, and voila!

------------------
Electric2k