Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Need help with Nero.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Need help with Nero.

Old 01-06-01, 02:28 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been using Nero ever since I got my CDRW, and now it doesn't think I've got one. I tried reinstalling Nero, but it didn't fix it. Nothing had changed between the time I could use it and now, it just won't recognize my drive's existance. I know it's not the drive because I can use CDRWIN to burn stuff, but I like Nero. Any ideas?
Old 01-06-01, 02:55 AM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, I thought you wanted help about Roman Emperors. Nevermind.

Notice this is post 2000! And I'm an idiot.

[This message has been edited by X (edited January 05, 2001).]
Old 01-06-01, 06:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I know it and EZ CD creator do not like to play together.
Old 01-06-01, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

what version of nero?

and I have nero 5.0.3.5 and ez cd 4.02d running on the same machine just fine. Win2k and all devices are scsi. IDE maybe a different story.

I would suggest an uninstall, delete the install directory manually, regedit search for nero and delete any keys that pop up. reinstall
Old 01-06-01, 04:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

quote:<HR>Originally posted by 4KRG:
what version of nero?

and I have nero 5.0.3.5 and ez cd 4.02d running on the same machine just fine. Win2k and all devices are scsi. IDE maybe a different story.

I would suggest an uninstall, delete the install directory manually, regedit search for nero and delete any keys that pop up. reinstall
<HR>

After I uninstall, it won't still be registered, will it? I first got Nero 3 with my creative CDRW, and have been upgrading ever since (now on 5). If I uninstall, I will no longer have full functionality (3->4->5 would work, but 3->5 won't).

Right now I've only got Nero and CDRWin installed (all this happened before I installed CDRWin). Running Win 98, IDE connected.
Old 01-06-01, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

quote:<HR>Originally posted by cartman:
After I uninstall, it won't still be registered, will it? I first got Nero 3 with my creative CDRW, and have been upgrading ever since (now on 5). If I uninstall, I will no longer have full functionality (3->4->5 would work, but 3->5 won't).

Right now I've only got Nero and CDRWin installed (all this happened before I installed CDRWin). Running Win 98, IDE connected.
<HR>

Sorry Cartman, you kind of lost me. Are you saying that you must install V3 then install an upgrade to V4 then install an upgrade to V5 in order for it to work?

In other words v3 is your only full version and 4 and 5 are both upgrade only versions?

I know you have NERO 5, but do you have the 5.0.3.5 update?

I have cdrwin 3.8c loaded too and still no conflicts.

Uninstalls sometimes work and sometimes don't, when I truly want to uninstall something I follow the above guide I posted. It is hard to tell sometimes what the uninstalls really do.

I have a couple of hacker utilities that let you monitor registry changes and ALL files on the hard drive during an install. It creates log files of both. Trust me, the uninstallers do less than 30% of what the installers do in MOST cases. I have had to use these tools to find changes to uninstall programs in the past (extreme case) and they have otehr fun uses too (uh..30day trial my arse )

Old 01-06-01, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Did full uninstall. Reinstalled version that came with my burner, checked registry all the way through, installed newest version, works fine now. Woo hoo!

[This message has been edited by cartman (edited January 06, 2001).]