Reload this Page >

Outlook 2000 :mad:

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Outlook 2000 :mad:

Old 01-01-01, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AHEHHEHRHEHEEH

I installed Office 2000 and now every 10 minutes it pops up with the Password Box. So i Enter the Password and Click Remember Password but 10 minutes latter it pops back up

Any sugestions?
Old 01-01-01, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Did you go to Tools, accounts, mail tab, select your mail account, properties, server tab, and then put the password in the box there?

------------------
"And his eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming..."
Have you played Atari today?
Old 01-02-01, 05:06 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

yes i did. And when i go back it is gone. I may have to reinstall again But would really rather not. Not a Blasted thing in Technet, go figure. Maybe i should install december, May is getting a little old....
Old 01-03-01, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

We have that problem at work here at times. It doesn't happen everytime however. Is the password "remembered"? (i.e. Is it still in the dialog box that pops up every 10 minutes?)

The only way we could get passed the dialog box was to click "Cancel" when it came up. If we clicked "OK" the box still popped up. This usually occurs when there is some problem with the ISP's e-mail server and the problem usually goes away after a few hours. This may or may not be the same problem you are experiencing.

------------------
"You know Bob, It's not that I'm lazy, it's just that I don't care."
Old 01-03-01, 01:04 PM
Banned

Yeah, that happens with Outlook can't get the mail off the server. If it was me, I'd just tell Outlook not to auto check for new mail and wait for me to manually do it.