Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

TV-Out Problem

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

TV-Out Problem

Old 12-27-00, 09:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I own a Compaq computer withan ATI Rage Pro video card with TV-out. I would like to make VHS copies of my DVDs for PERSONAL USE so that I won't have to sit at the computer every time I want to watch a movie. However, macrovision is making this impossible. I've tried one software program which worked until I restarted the computer. Now it doesn't work at all. Does anyone know of any way to defeat the macrovison? Let me stress that this is for my own personal benefit. I do not plan to sell video copies of DVDs. If anyone can help please do.

Thanks,
Dmwc
Old 12-28-00, 10:19 AM
Mod Emeritus

Probably the best thing to try right now would be the Rage Tweaker and see if that helps you at all. If that doesn't help you, then it may be really hard to find something that does.

http://www.rageunderground.com/r128tweaker.shtml

------------------
DVD-ROM & Computer Forum Moderator - [email protected]
DVD-ROM FAQ - Jason's Digital Domain - AIM: northrupjason
Old 12-31-00, 03:59 AM

why not just hook your PC to your TV and u can watch DVDs on your TV. Buy.com has cards for around $65.
Old 01-01-01, 07:29 PM

See, outputting to a TV would still be a problem since no TV is anywhere near the computer & it would require long cables. But I think I have solved the problem for now at least. I found a Cinemaster software decoder that doesn't recognize Macrovision. So I'm good for now. Thanks for the suggestions though, both of you.

Dmwc16