Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Site with 3d card specs.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Site with 3d card specs.

Old 12-31-00, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, tomorrow I'll be getting a new 3d card, just an older one probably (I'm very low on cash)

But I want a site which can give me some specs. I'll probably go voodoo, since they're cheaper, maybe a voodoo 4... but probably just a 3. I have a 1 now so it would be a fair improvment I think.

[This message has been edited by BizRodian (edited December 30, 2000).]
Old 12-31-00, 04:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

try office depot- they are closing out the v4 4500 agp cards for 89.88 and if you are willing to give aol a try with no commitment you get an instant $10 off your purchase. 79.88+tax is very good for this card. the v3 3000 pci card is 79.88-$10=69.88. unless the 10 bucks will kill you or you do not have an agp slot i would go for the v4 4500. I am using one right now
also you might be able to use this $15 off $50 purchase code
>
borrowed with all rights reserved from our friends at fatwallet
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/mess...threadid=18970

this would get you cost down to 64.88 for the v4 or 54.88 for the v3. plus any tax you pay
good luck!!
if the card has a higher price tag have them scan it this is a chainwide clearance so it will scan at the lower price.(it did for me)

[This message has been edited by gcribbs (edited December 31, 2000).]
Old 12-31-00, 04:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, I have a PCI slot.
I'll get a new computer in about a year and a half. So I will probably just get a Voodoo 3 to hold me until then. I mostly play older games anyways.
I live in Canada, and tonight when visiting many stores I found nothing except tons of Voodoo 5 AGPs. PCIs sell out fast, they should make more since there's more demand then they're supplying for.
Up here, Voodoo 3s are about 120 bucks, and Voodoo 4s about 250. I don't really think the extra 130 is worth it.