Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Logitech or Microsoft mouse?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Logitech or Microsoft mouse?

Old 12-26-00, 04:31 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am now having a Logitech 3 button mouse and was thinking of changing to a new one.Since its been 5 years i used it.If you guys have any expereince with either this 2 brands please let me know.I am having difficult time choosing which one to go for.
Old 12-26-00, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Well I got the Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer yesterday for Christmas and I must say it is really good. It's optical, so no mouse ball (meaning no need to clean the mouse). The wheel ball works more fluidly than my old Intellimouse and there are "Back" and "Forward" buttons by the thumb that allow for quick and easy Internet navigation. I highly recommend it. Plus the Intellimouse Explorer looks so cool, with its silver design and red lights.
Old 12-26-00, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
I have the Logitech cordless, optical, scrolling, 'thumb-ball' mouse. It's awesome!!! It takes a little while to get used to using your thumb instead of moving the mouse, but the bonus is you don't even have to have the mouse sitting on anything to use it. Sometimes I kick back and just rest it on my knee to use it. It's a little high, but well worth it!!!!!!!!

------------------
The above statement is MY opinion, and in no way is DVDTalk, or any of it's affiliates, responsible for the views that I have posted here.

[email protected]
My Tracker list!
BAN NETWORK TV!!
...I'm not wearing any pants!!!!
"If I hear one more noise in here, I'm crackin' skulls!"
Old 12-26-00, 11:59 PM

I too have the intellimouse explorer by Microsoft and it is cool. It delivers on the fact that its suppost to be comfortable to hold. Also, I like the two buttons on the left side, which I use for copy and paste.

For 50-60, it might seem high, but for an awesome product that you'll always use if you're browsing the net, its worth it.
Old 12-27-00, 12:17 AM

The cheapest for Intellimouse Explorer is allmost $120 here in Japan.While the Intellimouse is about $90.Wish i could buy one for $60, but thye dont have it in Japan for that cheap.
Old 12-27-00, 01:45 AM

Well, you could try eBay, but who knows what shipping will be.

Why do you live in Japan?
Old 12-27-00, 09:18 AM

Does anyone have the IntelliMouse Optical? It looks similar to the Explorer but has extra buttons on each side instead of both on one side like the Explorer. I too am looking to upgrade, but I am not sure which of these 2 to go for. Any suggestions?
Old 12-28-00, 02:01 AM

Well [b/]mikerena[/b] a lot of foreigners work or are living in Japan.Not the best countries in the world, cause everythings damn expensive expect the electronics!
I can try e-bay but i dont think they wanna ship overseas!
Old 12-29-00, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Didn't like the Microsoft optical because it's not symmetrical so it can only be used comfortably in one hand and I like to use it in either hand so I got the Logitech optical.
Was going to get cordless but after reading that it's not made for gaming because of slower response time I didn't.
Old 12-29-00, 10:18 PM

Well, some eBay sellers will ship overseas; the problem is when international bidders can't pay using the conventional payment services that U.S. bidders can.

If you are willing to pay shipping and have a quick way of paying, then they'll ship to you. You just have to make sure you can pay quickly and that they know you're an international bidder; otherwise, they'll get extremely pissed since they know you might have a tough time paying.

I know this because I got ****ed over by some ***hole who couldn't pay me.