Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Palm Question...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Palm Question...

Old 12-27-00, 10:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone try and hook up 2 palms to one pc? If so has it worked and how did you do it. I have a palm V and my better half got a palm IIIxe for christmas and we are trying to get it to work correctly. Note: Palm support has been no help!
Old 12-27-00, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The biggest problem you are going to have is the fact that they can't use the same cradle.

If you have 2 unused serial ports, you should be all set. If not try looking here and here.

See also this thread:

http://x69.deja.com/[ST_rn=fs]/getdoc.xp?AN=564451766&search=thread&CONTEXT=977973727.157679629&HIT_CONTEXT=977973423.156041217&HIT_NUM=122&hitnum=2

[This message has been edited by stevevt (edited December 27, 2000).]
Old 12-27-00, 11:52 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh, nevermind. I thought I was in the Other forum with that title.
Old 12-28-00, 10:20 AM

you should stay there!
Old 12-28-00, 10:36 AM

Update. Hooked the IIIxe to com port 1 and the V to com port 2. Works but 2 problems. The IIIxe on com 1 hotsyncs very very slow. Takes about 2 minutes! The V syncs very fast, under 30 seconds.

The other problem is the desktop software doesnt allow you to keep your settings for differn't users! So everytime we hotsync we have to change the user and then go into hotsync setup and change the connection to the correct com port. Not really a big problem but annoying. Seems to me the desktop software, since it allows for multiple users should remember the settings. also the desktop software should be able to detect what com that user is on. I was very dissapointed with Palm when I found out that the software wouldn't allow for this. When I talked to Palm they said they don't support 2 palms being hooked up to one computer? Oh hello!! How many households use more than one a plam but have only one computer!!