Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Need info about these CD-R disks (sooner the batter)

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Need info about these CD-R disks (sooner the batter)

Old 12-20-00, 08:31 PM
Mod Emeritus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I need to know about a few brands of CD-R's. I am looking at getting some PNY CDs for my brother for Christmas but I want to know if they will play fine in his car CD player (Sony) before I jump in and get them (hopefully tomorrow).

I'm also looking at getting a spindle of Kensiko CDs for myself but would like to know the quality first. It doesn't matter too much about playabillity in audio CD players since it will be used for MP3s in my car MP3 CD player and for computer data. If these aren't good, I have been thinking about getting some ZioTek CDs. The biggest reason for me getting either one of these is because they aren't branded.

------------------
DVD-ROM & Computer Forum Moderator - [email protected]
DVD-ROM FAQ - Jason's Digital Domain - AIM: northrupjason
Old 12-20-00, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

PNY's are ok I use them for psx, and dc copies, but they are not great I like TDK, and Sony first.

------------------
"Beat me if you can,survive if I let you"
"What would Brian Boitano do"
Old 12-20-00, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[homer simpson] mmmmmm....batter... [/homer simpson]
Old 12-21-00, 01:41 PM
BT
DVD Talk Special Edition

I bought a spindle of 50 PNY 80minute CDRs a while back from Staples. They're rated at 8x. I've burned quite a few, and they play fine in my Sony car CD changer. Good quality CDRs. my only gripe is that they have a lot of printed garbage on the label-side of the CDRs, doesn't leave much room to write what you recorded on them. But for $.05 a piece, I'm not really complaining.
Old 12-21-00, 08:17 PM
Mod Emeritus

I went back to Staples tonight and got the 25 pack of PNY CDs for my brother but I passed on getting the Kensiko CDs for myself. Upon closer inspection I saw that it was a two shade silver branding. Of corse with the little bit that I could see of the CD the first time it was easy to assume it wasn't branded.

So now I'm open to suggestions of 800MB Unbranded CDs. They will be used promarily for data and MP3 storage (but occationally for audio CDs). Looking at getting a spindle of 50 or 100.

------------------
DVD-ROM & Computer Forum Moderator - [email protected]
DVD-ROM FAQ - Jason's Digital Domain - AIM: northrupjason