Reload this Page >

T-Mobile G1 Users-E-mail Question...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 06-01-09, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm debating switching to the T-mobile G1 as I want a 3g capable phone that can replace my current Dash.

I know a couple of people that have on and they love them, but they use it as more of a toy than anything so they can't help with my question.

I get all my e-mails on my Dash: Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo and Hotmail. All work flawlessly and I have easy access to any of my acounts whenever I want.

So far, the biggest knock on Android phones is it's handling of POP/IMAP mail. While I'm 100% sure I'll have no problems with Gmail, what about all my other accounts?

I suspect that no matter what Android phone I switch too (there are 2 new ones set to debut with T-mobile this year) it could be a problem. I have no idea if the latest 1.5 update helped this issue.

So, any G1 users on this board have e-mail other than Gmail on the G1's??

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 06-01-09 at 08:49 AM.
Old 06-01-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: T-Mobile G1 Users-E-mail Question...

i know for a fact that Google licensed Microsoft's ActiveSync for Android, but I don't think it supports Exchange out of the box and requires a separate application to be bought. I think it will probably depend on the phone manufacturer if it's included.