Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

help with IBM laptop..., battery problem?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 07-05-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was using my laptop yesterday both on battery power and then later charging it to 100%. Then this morning i go to turn the computer on and nothing... It will not turn on unless i plug it in. Then when I unplug it it turns off. I tried pulling the battery out/putting it back in and nothing. I get all of the battery information when the battery is plugged in.. It says 100% and I get all of the technical information. I noticed the cycle count is not changing. It staying at 59. ststus says no activity.. Did it die?

ANyone have any ideas?
Old 07-06-08, 06:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Up until last year the company I work for only had IBM's and we had a rash of these types of problems and they do have a battery recall, so download the program and see if you are eligible for a replacement.

And don't forget to recycle your old battery.

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/si...TT-LENOVO.html
Old 07-07-08, 10:41 AM

It appears my battery is not affected by the recall you list..... My computer is a x41. Did you experience the same type of problem???
Old 07-07-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ANDREMIKE
It appears my battery is not affected by the recall you list..... My computer is a x41. Did you experience the same type of problem???
Yes but the battery light on the laptop was also flashing amber but we had the exact same problem but all of our batteries were on the recall list. We have the T40 laptops.

Did you update he BIOS? Also do a look up of your system on the Lenovo website, they might have a patch for this problem... but I think your battery is dead.

My suggestion would be to try a different battery if possible, you also might be able to order one from Lenovo; just be sure to understand their return policy.
Old 07-07-08, 07:37 PM

I tried another battery, it was the battery.

Thanks