Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Mobo beeps when playing game

Old 03-14-08, 02:11 AM

Mobo beeps when playing game

When playing counter-strike after awhile my mobo starts beeping at me, it will only happen every few minutes, sometimes only every 20-30 min. It's sometimes a single beep or 2 short beeps. I have Riva Tuner running so my graphics card fans are running at 65% or higher typically and my core temp stays at 48*C.

I've tabbed out which playing and checked my CPU temps and they are never above 40*C. In BIOS my CPU Fail warning and CPU/SYSTEM/POWER FAN warnings are disabled so it can't be warning me about my CPU overheating anyway.

Anyone know why this will happen? If i'm not playing counter-strike then I get no beeps, just built it last night so I don't know if this is going to continue with any type of load.

My Rig:
Gigabyte DS3L Mobo
e8400 ( Artic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro Heatsink/Fan )
EVGA 8800GTS 512mb 670mhz
700W OCZ GameXStreamPS
4 x 1 GB G.SKILL pc2 6400
WD Raptor 150GB HD

I've tried googling this with absolutely no success....The beep has to be coming from the mobo because I assume the graphics card doesn't have a speaker to beep if it was a problem with that

Any ideas?
Old 03-14-08, 08:14 AM

I think I solved my own problem, isolated the problem to happening when to many keys are pressed on the keyboard. This causes the mobo pc speaker to beep after the queue is filled on the keyboard. Time to buy another keyboard and hopefully that solves the issue!