Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Need some freakin' router help!!!

Old 02-25-08, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Need some freakin' router help!!!

OK, I have a Belkin router. I recently bought a second xbox 360. I had trouble with my original 360 with the NAT settings, so I changed them so I could party up with people. I plugged the second 360 into the post that I changed, now the other port won't let me join-up because of NAT settings. Well, I changed something that I shouldn't have, and now my router is fucked.

I have no connection when using the router (can't connect). I believe I changed the last IP # to 1, when it should've been 2. I tried restoring the defaults, but I get a page can't be displayed message. How can I restore the defaults (or change anything) if I can't connect to the internet with my router?
Old 02-25-08, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
OK, I just found the reset button on the back of the router, whew!!! New question though...

Can I assign two 360's to let them 'connect to friends'? When I tried port forwarding, it said I couldn't use the same range twice.
Old 02-25-08, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dvdsteve2000
Can I assign two 360's to let them 'connect to friends'? When I tried port forwarding, it said I couldn't use the same range twice.
I doubt it. As you noticed, you can only forward ports to one device. This is easy to understand - how would the router know which packet is for which device if they use the same port?

I still have an original Xbox, and haven't used Live in ages, so I don't know if an Xbox 360 can accept alternate port configurations (so you could forward port 10000 to one Xbox and 10001 to the other.

Perhaps a gaming forum would be a better place to ask?