Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Iphone headphones: V-Moda Vibe Duo or Ultimate Ears Super.fi 4vi?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-29-08, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm in the market for iphone headphones as the apple one that came with it refuses to stay in my ear. I am currently using an in-ear $40 Sennheiser set, but want something that has the best bass response and decent highs, and that has the iphone mic/controls built into the cord. I am limited to in-ear models and have tried the Bose Tri-ports, but hated it. With the Sennheiser's, most of my music (which is bass heavy) distorts when I use the preset equalizers on the iphone, and sometimes, even w/o it. This is compunded by the fact that turning the EQ on the iphone on and off depending on which song is playing is a pain. I wish apple would make the iphone read the equalizer settings from itunes. From reviews I have read on Amazon, the v-moda's are good for bass, but the cord controls seem to break easily, whereas the Ultimate Ears are more reliable, but not that great on bass. Anyone have hands on experience with any of these units?
Old 01-29-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have this solution:

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/ipo...one-earphones/