Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Excel - External Web Query Not working anymore

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Excel - External Web Query Not working anymore

Old 01-26-08, 07:09 PM
  #1  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hawkeye Country
Posts: 2,455
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Excel - External Web Query Not working anymore

If anyone is an excel guru, I could use some help.

For the past few years, I have done an external web query to my Amazon.com wishlist (in the compact mode) so I could easily track my DVD wish list items/prices without having to go to the website and type everything in manually to my spreadsheet. I am using Microsoft Excel 2003.

About 2 months ago, the web query started refreshing much differently than it used to. Now all it shows is this:

Help | View Cart | Your Account | Sell Items | 1-Click Settings

I verified the web query is still pointing to the table with my DVDs and I have tried different options, but I can't seem to get it to load the table anymore.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Numes; 01-26-08 at 07:16 PM.
Old 01-26-08, 07:14 PM
  #2  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hawkeye Country
Posts: 2,455
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I just remembered something. This *may* coincide to the time I upgraded to the Internet Explorer 7.0. I'll try reverting back to 6.x.

Anyone know of some discontinuities with web queries with the new IE?
Old 01-26-08, 09:22 PM
  #3  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
IDrinkMolson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: DE
Posts: 4,320
Received 165 Likes on 84 Posts
They probably changed something on their site. And now you've got the wrong table selected.

Just go back to edit query, and see which table is checked. Seems like most of the time for me, I just have to select the whole page.
Old 01-27-08, 08:06 AM
  #4  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Hawkeye Country
Posts: 2,455
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
They probably changed something on their site. And now you've got the wrong table selected.

Just go back to edit query, and see which table is checked. Seems like most of the time for me, I just have to select the whole page.
Well, as I said in my original post, I did verify the web query was still pointing to the correct table.

I went ahead and just selected the whole page, as you mentioned, and that did work. It's a little frustrating because it seems like I should just be able to select that single table. I'll take it, though, that's what hide rows/columns is for.

I also did try reverting back to IE 6.0 and that did not change anything, it must have been a change by Amazon.com.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.