Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

need iPod help (again!)

Old 01-21-08, 08:05 AM
Needs to Contact Admin about multiple accounts

need iPod help (again!)

OK guys,

Having some difficulty here that I'm sure is easy - but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

I went to iTunes and they had the first episode of 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles' as a free download. Anyway, I click on that and think I've done it all right.

When I have my iPod hooked up to sync, it transferred songs that I had d/l but I don't think it transferred over the freebie.

On the iTunes page, not the store page but where you can see playlists & podcasts, on the left hand side I see where it says Purchased and when I click that it shows the Sarah Connor Chronicles, but nowhere on my iPod can I find it.

I looked under videos and tried scrolling thru and it's not there anywhere.

Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong and how to transfer the show onto my iPod, please?

Do I need to upgrade the version of iTunes? because it asks me to do that

**edit** I also clicked on the TV shows tab for my iPod and saw it there and made sure that it was checked and ready to sync and then clicked "Apply" which I would have thought meant it transferred it to my iPod.

No luck!

Do movies/tv shows get saved to the 'Videos' section on your iPod?

Last edited by DVDMagic; 01-21-08 at 08:08 AM.
Old 01-21-08, 08:35 AM

OK, so I got it onto my iPod under the video section, but now when I play it all it shows is the "cover art" the title of the show and the length. I can hear the dialogue and actors but there is no picture.

Now what am I doing wrong?
Old 01-21-08, 08:42 AM

It's ok, I got it figured.

Man, that was a pain in the neck, but it's the first time I've had to use itunes
Old 01-21-08, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by DVDMagic
It's ok, I got it figured.

Man, that was a pain in the neck, but it's the first time I've had to use itunes
if you do not mind me asking, what was the underlying problem and how did you fix it?
Old 01-22-08, 11:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Hope this gets seen, but I figure there are enough iPod threads on here already without me starting a new one.

My problem is this:

When I connect the iPod to the computer iTunes comes up but it says that iTunes has detected an iPod in recovery mode and that it needs to be restored. So I restore it and when it boots back up the same error message comes up. I've tried soft resetting the iPod, I've restared iTunes and the computer, I've re-installed iTunes, and I've restored the iPod several times... it always comes back up with the same recovery/needs restored message. The only thing I haven't tried is letting the battery drain on the iPod. Any other ideas?
Old 01-22-08, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here is my I-Pod problem. When I hook up my ipod to my computer to transfer the new songs i added it shows a I-Pod icon which says its connected but it doesnt transfer the new songs to my ipod. This happens maybe 50% of the time I try to add new songs to my I-Pod.