Reload this Page >

iPhone or HTC Touch?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

iPhone or HTC Touch?

Old 11-18-07, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iPhone or HTC Touch?

Does anyone here on the board have either one of these phones?

I was wanting to compare the two but dont know of any sites to compare the two phones.

They both seem pretty stand up - I'm already with Nextel, so switching over to Sprint shouldnt be that big of a deal.

So I guess the HTC has one up on the iPhone already.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Howard
Old 11-21-07, 06:13 PM

I have an HTC Wizard flashed with a Touch ROM. It's pretty cool and the Windows Mobile OS allows for several 3rd party applications, etc. However, if you want something that is simple and works smoothly all the time you probably want the iPhone.
Old 11-21-07, 08:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have the iPhone and I like it but the data speeds on the cellular network are slow. I am not sure if everyone will feel the same way but if you have experienced EVDO speeds then EDGE is very slow. The lack of putting 3rd party apps sucks but by searching the iphone dev wiki you can find a way around that. I have not used a Touch yet, but I hope to be getting one soon. I want to see how well it is compared to the iPhone myself.
Old 11-21-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I thought that Sprint used CDMA and not GSM. Both the iPhone and HTC Touch use GSM.. right?
Old 11-22-07, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are several versions of the HTC Touch. Sprints is CDMA. From what I've read, the Touchflo interface on the Touch is very limited. Once you get into the more advanced feature of the phone, you're back to the old Windows Mobile interface. The Touch even comes with a stylus....

The iPhone is all touch, no gimmicks. BUT you can't install software on it without hacking it (for now) and it's EDGE-only, which is S-L-O-W. Apple is rumored to be releasing a 3G version, sometime. (They'd be idiots not to)
Old 11-25-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Sonicflood
I thought that Sprint used CDMA and not GSM. Both the iPhone and HTC Touch use GSM.. right?
I believe the Touch dual will be out on AT&T soon. It is just like the touch but has a slide out keypad and keyboard. Yes Sprint is CDMA and the iPhone is GSM since it is on AT&T network.
Old 11-26-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by True_Story1011
Does anyone here on the board have either one of these phones?

I was wanting to compare the two but dont know of any sites to compare the two phones.

They both seem pretty stand up - I'm already with Nextel, so switching over to Sprint shouldnt be that big of a deal.

So I guess the HTC has one up on the iPhone already.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie Howard
One reason I would say Touch is because of Sprint's SERO plan.