Reload this Page >

Vista usable podcast aggregator?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 10-02-07, 08:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used Juice on my old XP PC but from looking at things online Juice isn't going to work on my new Vista machine.

Anyone know of any decent software to manage and download my podcasts on Vista? It is a shame that functionality wasn't build into Media Player already.
Old 10-02-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

iTunes
Old 10-06-07, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm trying to avoid iTunes because i'm not a fan of how it collects and basically interferes with your music collection. I just want something to aggregate and manage my subscriptions.
Old 10-06-07, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This one looks good:
http://www.dopplerradio.net/
Old 10-06-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by al_bundy
iTunes
On Vista? You are asking for a lot of blue screens of death. Neither iTunes or Quicktime are very stable on Vista.

My favorite is RSS Radio, but it isn't free and reading through their Forum isn't yet certified for Vista.

Last edited by darkside; 10-06-07 at 03:03 PM.
Old 10-06-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by darkside
On Vista? You are asking for a lot of blue screens of death. Neither iTunes or Quicktime are very stable on Vista.
I didn't know that about Quicktime... that is kind of a bummer since i used to always go to the Quicktime site to scope out movie trailers.
Old 10-06-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by darkside

My favorite is RSS Radio, but it isn't free and reading through their Forum isn't yet certified for Vista.
you must be doing something wrong

i run itunes on vista with no problems. this is on 32bit. there is no 64bit version
Old 10-06-07, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I use Juice on Vista. It works fine for me other than the problem of randomly downloading entire feeds, but it had that problem under XP too.

EDIT: I also have User Account Protection disabled, so that could be why it works for me.
Old 10-06-07, 11:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by al_bundy
you must be doing something wrong
No, I simply tried to run it and it crashed frequently. Believe or not some programs still have issues with Vista. There is very little I can do wrong on my end to cause blue screens. The forums at places like ipodlounge go into more details on the problems. I dumped Vista and went back to XP, but reading through it looks like there are still stability issues for many Vista users with Quicktime and iTunes though it does seem improved.

Last edited by darkside; 10-06-07 at 11:37 PM.
Old 10-07-07, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

i've had vista business for a few weeks. when i got the laptop i took the CD and completly repartitioned and set everything up from scratch. recent versions of Itunes are Vista compatible on 32bit. i even installed kodak easyshare and it playy the videos via quicktime and never had a problem.

you probably have driver issues or crapware. with vista you have to make sure you are using Vista compliant drivers.