Reload this Page >

DVD Subber II problem. Can anyone help?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-27-07, 01:44 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently got a new laptop and downloaded the program DVD Subber II for playing DVDs with downloaded subtitle scripts. I had it on two previous desktops and never had a problem with it, but to test it out here I put in a simple region 1, NTSC DVD and it played without any sound at all. I had the DVD Subber volume on maximum (as it is defaulted) and my computer's volume was on good and clear, but there was nothing. I tried it out with several other DVDs, even some region 2 and PAL discs, but it was the same every time. Picture is fine, no sound.

The only possible reason I can think of is that my old desktops both had Windows XP, and this laptop has Windows Vista. When I first opened DVD Subber II on here, the screen flashed black for an instant and a little message bubble appeared in the bottom-right corner of the screen that said something to the effect of "Converted to Windows Vista Basic - An active program isn't compatible with the current version of Vista". When I closed it, the screen flashed black again, I assume meaning that it had changed back from the "Windows Vista Basic" thing to whatever it regularly is. Could this be why DVD Subber wouldn't have any sound?

Can anybody give me a hand? I'm not very savvy when it comes to computers (all I know is basically whatever I've been shown how to do), so are there any tech expert folk here who might know what the problem is and how to fix it? Any help would be very much appreciated.
Old 09-27-07, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Apparently, this program hasn't released a new version in 3 years? Unless they come back from the dead and update the program to actually work on Vista, you might be out of luck.