Reload this Page >

Voip for business...

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Voip for business...

Old 06-12-07, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voip for business...

I currently work with my father is a distributorship. I want to move south and he doesn't. I do all the sales. And wanted to look into doing my job from my home wherever I move to. I have heard of Voip phone lines. And I saw this question asked...but, not answered on a website. It basically is my question. So here it is...

Hi,
I know commercial VoIP is cheaper than traditional phone lines. So for home user, it works. But will it work for business? For ease of argument, I assume the following situation.
1. current situation: 10 phone lines, main phone number is 905-1234567, 20 users share 10 phone lines with extensions. All 10 phone lines are bundled together (rollover).
Features:
internal calls by short extension;
transfer calls to other extensions;
conference calls;
voice mail;
oversubscribe phone lines by extensions which saves money;
2. VoIP solution (imagine): keep main phone number 905-1234567, subscribe 10 or less VoIP phone numbers.
Q#1: Is it possible to keep most or all of the current features/phone system while using VoIP numbers?
Q#2: Is it practical for business to use such commercial VoIP solution to cut the phone line cost?
The only changes I have. Is that we only have 5 lines. And I want to have it so if someone calls me at the office and the secretary picks up the phone. She can transfer the call to me at my home. Is this even possible??

Thanks!