Reload this Page >

Need Help-PC Won't boot/no video

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 01-28-07, 05:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I bought a older Athlon machine from my friend to use in my basement as a jukebox. Got it all setup after removing one of the two hardrives to give back to him. So I had the case open and everything was running great with the PC's AGP Radeon card connected to my 27" TV via S-Video cable. I closed the case up and went to go move the pc into it's permanent spot and now when i power it on, i get no video via the S-Video output and it gives a medium length beep from the PC speaker. I called my friend to get some particulars on the system so I could start searching for a solution but he wasn't home. Could something have someone gotten reset which isn't allowing it to boot without something hooked up to the VGA port? I don't have a monitor to test it with (other machine is an iMac) so that's the only thing I can think of. I didn't change anything else and as I said, it was working fine right up until I closed the case up. The BIOS screen used to come right up via the S-Video output and now i get nothing so that's my best guess but you all know way more about this stuff than I. Any ideas?
Old 01-28-07, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I figured it out, while i was reassembling the machine, i accidentally knocked one of the memory slots open (the white tab). As soon as i closed, that it booted up ok