Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Wireless networking question...

Old 12-29-06, 02:38 PM
Cool New Member

Wireless networking question...

So I've tried to find the answer to this question to no avail and hopefully somewhere here can help me.

I currently use Verizon mobile broadband when I travel to be able to get online wirelessly with my laptop, they provide a PC card that allows me to connect to their network.

At home I have cable internet going through a wireless router.

I know there is a device that would allow me to broadcast the signal from my PC card and use that at home rather than pay the cable but I cant seem to find one or any info on what its even called. I have seen these on tour buses allowing for a wireless network on the bus. Anyone have any idea where I can find one?

Thanks for the help!
Old 12-29-06, 06:05 PM

Well, im not sure how to broadcast like in a wireless way. But if your laptop has an ethernet output can you bridge the connection to another computer? Im not sure if it will work but if you have the stuff just give it a shot. You may need a crossover cable if you dont have a hub.