Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Placing Home Movies on my iPod...help needed

Old 12-20-06, 04:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Placing Home Movies on my iPod...help needed

Hi there. I am currently visiting my family over Christmas and i have my Sony Cybershot camera with me. I am getting close to filling my memory card on it and i was wondering if there is anyway i can transfer some of the movies and/or pictures i have taken using it onto my 80 GB video iPod? The movies are windows media files i believe....so i anticipated some problems.

Any help is really appreciated.
Old 12-20-06, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If nothing else you should be able to 'enable disk access' and use the ipod as a hard drive; that would entail getting the videos/pics on a computer first, to transfer to the ipod. I think there are accessories that allow you to connect a digicam or vidcam directly to the ipod, but I'm not familiar with them.
Old 12-20-06, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sony cameras create WMV files? Thanks for the heads up - won't be buying one of those.

iPod video only accepts MP4 video I think. On my Mac, I use the open source program ffmpegx to convert video into mp4 iPod format. At any rate, you will need a computer in between the camera and ipod.