Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Please Explain DVD Duplicators to Me Like I'm Five.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 12-17-06, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Santa bought me a LG GSA-E10N. And it comes with NO manual. It does come w/ a disc that says it has the manual on it. Yeah... let's just say that it's as worthless as the 3 page set up instructions. Anyway... I'm plugging along and believe it or not.. for a 5 yr old, I'm doing pretty good.
I do have a bunch of questions.. but I'll just ask one for now.
Here's what I'm trying to do:
I have two files that I downloaded onto my hard drive... I now want to download both of the files onto ONE disc. It doesn't seem to let me do that.
It won't let me add the second file. And it automatically finalizes after the first file is burned and so I can't add anything else onto the disc.
So.. is there a way for me to do what I want?

Thanks!
And remember.. I'm five .. so please speak to me in simple English.

Last edited by Septemberbaby; 12-17-06 at 06:27 PM.
Old 12-17-06, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How big are the files? Blank DVD's only hold 4.7gb.
Old 12-18-06, 06:24 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

One is 4,103,233 KB and the other is 3,351,553 KB.
Old 12-18-06, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can the duplicator handle a dual layer DVD? If it can, you might want to get those because of the higher capacity.
Old 12-18-06, 07:58 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The box says it can... but I never dealt with DL and to honest..I don't want to deal with that right now. Remember.. there is no manual.
So.. there is no way to take two separate files and insert them on to one disc when it asks me which file I want to download? I click on the first one and when I click on the second one it 'overrides' ... sorta deletes (I don't know how else to explain what I'm trying to say) the first file. It doesn't delete it as in removes it from the hard drive.. it just removes itself from where it asks which file it wants to copy.

Also... is there anyway to just copy a certain title on a disc. E.g. if a disc has 4 titles and I only want to copy the second one .. there seems to be no way to do that.. I can only copy the entire disc.
Old 12-18-06, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Septemberbaby
The box says it can... but I never dealt with DL and to honest..I don't want to deal with that right now. Remember.. there is no manual.
So.. there is no way to take two separate files and insert them on to one disc when it asks me which file I want to download? I click on the first one and when I click on the second one it 'overrides' ... sorta deletes (I don't know how else to explain what I'm trying to say) the first file. It doesn't delete it as in removes it from the hard drive.. it just removes itself from where it asks which file it wants to copy.

Also... is there anyway to just copy a certain title on a disc. E.g. if a disc has 4 titles and I only want to copy the second one .. there seems to be no way to do that.. I can only copy the entire disc.

The problem is the disc only holds 4.7gb of data and you are trying to burn 7.4gb of data. See the problem here? You aren't going to get both files on the same disc. Unless you use a dual layer disc but you " don't want to deal with that right now."