Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta (Mac Universal Binary)

Old 12-15-06, 12:05 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Adobe Photoshop CS3 Beta (Mac Universal Binary)

Adobe released a semi-public beta for Photoshop CS3. The big news with the release is it FINALLY supports x86 on Mac OS X. The drawback is it requires a valid CS2 (Any CS2, not just Photoshop) serial to work. Otherwise, it stops working after two days. And yes, it has to be valid, I already tried.

Here's the link: http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/entitle...bs%5Fphotoshop
Old 12-15-06, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Anyone tried it yet? I've been too lazy to download it. Have they integrated Dreamweaver into it yet?
Old 12-15-06, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Don't know about Dreamweaver. It's BLAZING fast on my Macbook Pro C2D. The new Bridge is very nice, almost like a baby Lightroom. I initally thought it WAS Lightroom, but it doesn't have any of the "developing" features Lightroom has. It's obvious that Lightroom will be an add-on/enhancement for Bridge. They are very tightly integrated.

The biggest thing in CS3 is the layout has been changed, it's not too different and it can all be reverted, but I like the changes. For example, the tool pallet is in one column, which saves a TON of space. The various panes (History, Layers, etc) are now attached to one another. You can open and collapse at will, so no more 50 windows floating around. Again, this can be reverted if you don't like it.

The Preferences screen has been redone, the tabs have been replaced with a menu on the left side. Nothing much new here.

I didn't get a chance to play with many of the new tools, but there are lots. Camera RAW 4, the HDR tool has been revamped and made faster. It has an auto-align for layers, similar to the panoramic tool. Easy select, kind of a super magic wand. Lots of others. Search Google, there are tons of pages with way more info.
Old 12-15-06, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, all I have to say is it's taken less than a day. I think that's a record. If you don't know what I mean, sorry, I can't elaborate.

At any rate, I think Adobe has a winner on their hands.