Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

iTunes problem :(

Old 12-11-06, 06:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

iTunes problem :(

All of a sudden, it seems iTunes messed up some of my songs and they stop playing for no reason before the song is supposed to be over. It just skips to the next song in my playlist. Has anyone encountered this problem and know how I can fix this?
Old 12-11-06, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I've seen the same thing. Caught it on about 20 songs. I thought it as the gapless playback feature, but after tinkering around i don't think thats it. And whatever it does, its doing it to the MP3 file itself, cause it does the same thing in windows media player.

I'd be really appreciative of any assistance.
Old 12-12-06, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The latest update erased my entire library

It there any way to do a massive import as they still look to be on my C Drive?
Old 12-12-06, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I think if you do a 'consolidate library' thing...I don't know which drop down menu it's in...I don't have iTunes on this computer...or go to Apple.s support site...they probably have support articles about it....yes. it can be a huge headache.
Old 12-12-06, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
My itunes skips terribly when I'm working on something or browsing the net.

don't know why.
Old 12-12-06, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Seeker
My itunes skips terribly when I'm working on something or browsing the net.

don't know why.
that happened to me on XP but then I switched the interface on the OS to "Classic" or something, which is less of a memory hog, fixed the problem right up. otherwise adding more RAM could help.
Old 12-12-06, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I tried re-encoding a corrupted song with Itunes, and it just chops the end of the song off and reports the playable length. So that's no help. MP3-Tag-Studio has a repair feature, tried that. While it recovered a lot of the song, it skipped horribly, and jumped around. So that wasn't ideal either.

I broke down and just re-ripped the tracks i knew were affected. But with thousands of songs on my ipod, they'll be popping up for a long time.
Old 12-12-06, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by ClarkKentKY
I've seen the same thing. Caught it on about 20 songs. I thought it as the gapless playback feature, but after tinkering around i don't think thats it. And whatever it does, its doing it to the MP3 file itself, cause it does the same thing in windows media player.

I'd be really appreciative of any assistance.
The files that seem to be affected in iTunes seem to play fine in Winamp but no luck in iTunes and on my iPod Hopefully there's some way to fix this without having to re-rip all the songs.
Old 12-13-06, 03:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there a good website that allows you to become a itunes "poweruser"? I feel its a powerful tool, but often resort to alternate programs, mainly because I can't add playlists by folder, and the fact that itunes will force me to physically transfer a hard drive rather than copy from a networked drive.

I'm looking for a tip of the day, or some other detailed FAQs