Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

whats a good Mouse?

Old 12-06-06, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

whats a good Mouse?

I am looking for a comfortable mouse for my PC. Right now I am using the one that comes with Dells, I have long fingers and it gets uncomfortable after a while. Whats a good Pc mouse that is comfotable
Old 12-06-06, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I like Logitech's these days myself... MX518 here at work and an MX700 at home. Those are older models, but something like the MX Revolution if you want to spend a lot is pretty spiffy
Old 12-06-06, 08:30 PM
mbs

I prefer MS mice, but Logitech also make some nice models.
Old 12-06-06, 08:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I like Logitech's these days myself... MX518 here at work and an MX700 at home. Those are older models, but something like the MX Revolution if you want to spend a lot is pretty spiffy
I bought the MX Revolution myself a month or so ago and had to return it cause it just didn't work right. A programmed button would take 2-3 presses to perform the function, and during quiet moments you can hear the motor in the scroll wheel trying to detect what software you are running. I was really keen on getting the mouse but was very dissapointed.
Old 12-06-06, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Interesting. I'm taking a look at a MX Revolution in the next few weeks and will look for this issue, fmian.
Old 12-06-06, 09:14 PM

I vote for Logitech. I'm still using an older cordless mouseman optical and like it very much, especially for its well positioned left-side button that I use for "back."

My new HP came with a corded optical mouse, and I used it for a while, but went back to the Logitech. I think once you go cordless, going back to corded is almost impossible - just doesn't feel right.
Old 12-06-06, 09:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I use a Logitech MarbleMouse...like it a lot.
Old 12-07-06, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I love my Logitech MX1000 laser mouse. Loaded with customizable buttons, which are almost a must have for me now. The newer model that just replaced it, looks even better.
Old 12-07-06, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I like Mickey
Old 12-07-06, 06:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Also, it may just be a personal thing, but the MX Revolution seemed to want to do things it's own way rather than let me control it. I just couldn't get it to function in a similar manner to my 7 year old MS Optical mouse.
For example, there is a slight pause when you change apps before the scroll wheel changes gears, and the software would not let me have full control over what button does what. I got the feeling the mouse was a bit too advanced/intelligent for it's own good.
Old 12-07-06, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm using a Logitech MX500 myself and totally love that mouse for its very comfortable fit in my hand and all those programmable buttons. The current version of that excellent mouse pointer is the MX518.

By the way, I have lots of reservations about cordless mouse pointers due to battery issues and RF interference issues.
Old 02-03-07, 06:03 PM

I picked up the Logitech G5 and its nice, like being able to change the DPI on the fly. But it feels too small in my hands. My ring and pinky finger feel really odd. How is the Logitech Revolution? anyone use it? I heard theres no middle button and I use alot of programs like 3ds max, and use it to pan, rotate etc.