Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Windows 2000 Pro

Old 11-29-06, 04:45 PM

Windows 2000 Pro

I'm trying to do a clean install from CD. It runs thru loading then comes to "Welcome to Setup". "To set up Windows 200 now, press "ENTER""

This is where the problem starts. Nothing happens!! The keyboard is fine, it works with the other hard drive when running XP Pro and starting the process of installing Win 2000.

Any advice would be very welcome as I've spent 2 days now tryin got do it. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 11-29-06, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Is the hard drive attached a special disk controller card... like a RAID card? If yes, you should hit F6 during blue screen when it boots from the CD. Then, load the controller card driver.
Old 11-30-06, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by zuffy
Is the hard drive attached a special disk controller card... like a RAID card? If yes, you should hit F6 during blue screen when it boots from the CD. Then, load the controller card driver.
It's just attached to an Asus P4G800E motherboard. I've tried F6, in fact all the keys even tried another keyboard. It's as though there is no keyboard attached once it gets to this stage. If start up from the other drive with XP Pro, the keyboard works but it will disable Win 2000 installation as it is an older version of Windows than XP and not allow me to install it.
Old 11-30-06, 12:52 PM

I've just run it again and it said loading Raid
Old 11-30-06, 04:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

maybe a bad sector on the hard drive?