Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

iTunes Questions....please give advice.

Old 11-27-06, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

iTunes Questions....please give advice.

Hi there. Last week i picked up a new 80GB video iPod to replace the 30GB picture iPod i already have (and which is full). I am planning on giving my old iPod to my Father as he has been after one for a while now. The thing is that i want to transfer my music from iTunes to my new iPod....but not ALL my music. If i unclick the boxes next to each of the songs that i do not want to import will it import all but these from my library to my iPod???

Also i am planning on wiping my old iPod and putting only a select few of my songs onto my iPod for my Father. Would it be best to just wipe the iPod and set iTunes up on his computer and start from scratch???

One final question. My family lives in the UK and the iPod i am giving my father was purchased in the US. I also purchased a Logic3 docking station / Spekaers for him. Would it be ok to use a travel adaptor to link it to the mains no problem? I have one that i have used before when i have travelled with my iPod to charge it up and there has not been any problems....but just wanting some other opinions. I did see the Apple iPod travel kit...but at close to $50 for one UK adaptor in the pack it seemed a little pricey. I thought it might be better to just pick an adaptor up at the airport before i travel.

Thanks for any help or suggestions. Always appreciated.
Old 11-28-06, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

1) Yes, unchecking the box will keep the songs from going to your ipod. It will also keep the songs from being played on the computer, as well as being recorded to any cds.

This is why I created a playlist to add songs to that I didn't want to show up on my ipod. Everytime I created a smart playlist afterwards, I would enter the criteria to exclude that playlist.

2) I would. It would probably make life easier in the long run.

3) I don't know.