Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

MP3 Player Help

Old 11-22-06, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

MP3 Player Help

I see that CC is selling as a Black Friday deal the Zen 8gb Microphoto for 130. Their new player the Zen V micro has only up to a 4gb for around 170, and Apple has the 8gb Nano for over 200. Is there any reason I should pick up either of the other 2 over the Zen MP either at the size or pay less and get a smaller size? I will mostly be listening to 3 hour long mp3 recordings of a radio talk show. I would like to play them through my car's aux jack. They should all work that way through the headphone jack right? They can all bookmark where I left off in the file?

Is there anything I should consider before trying to snag this MP3 player? I can order online for CC on BF right?
Old 11-22-06, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

for a 3 hour show, you better make sure whatever one you choose has a bookmarking feature, or at least a resume feature to pick up where you left off, if you shut off the player or go listen to something else. That's why I loved the Rio line, and returned the Zune I bought.

I'm pretty sure the iPod has it, dunno about the others.

-jason