Reload this Page >

export pdf to jpg?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

export pdf to jpg?

Old 09-21-06, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
export pdf to jpg?

I'm trying to find some free or open source software that can export pdfs to image files like jpgs, bmps, tiffs, etc.

I know there's the full screen-print screen method but I'm trying to find something that can export the pdf closer to its original size/quality since my laptop resolution only goes up to 1024x768 so I don't think that's big enough to get a good screen cap.

It's not that I don't like acrobat reader or foxit, I think both are great but I'd to export the pdfs to something that's a bit more 'portable' like image files. And these pdfs are scanned documents so can't select the text and export to txt file etc.
Old 09-21-06, 04:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I use Photoshop to get perfect image file versions of PDF's, though there probably are some other cheaper software methods out there.
Old 09-21-06, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, Photoshop is a bit overkill for what I want to do here.

I did find something that might work for now.
http://www.pdf995.com/download.html
pdf995edit can convert the last print job to seperate high quality jpegs which is perfect. Would say it's a bit nagware but the individual key is only 10 bucks so might consider that.