Reload this Page >

Problems with Outlook after upgrade

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-18-06, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running XP pro and Office 2K.

I upgraded to Office XP pro and now my Outlook won't work, I get an Error message that says:

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL file for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service PSTPRX.DLL. Be sure the service is correctly installed and configured.

Outlook was working fine before with Office 2K. I don't understand what is wrong.

Can someone please help? The only reson I upgraded was because my wife is just starting her classes in Medical Science and our old version of Access wouldn't work.

Please help!

Thanks in advance
Old 09-18-06, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

You need to create a new mail profile.

Control Panel -> Mail-> Show Profiles...
Old 09-19-06, 12:32 AM

Thanks for the help!!

I checked the profiles and the default one was Microsoft Outlook Internet Settings and another one below it was named Outlook.

I selected the one called Outlook and made it the default profile. Outlook opened like normal, but I had to enter my account name and password. All of my emails and folders were there but I had to reconfigure my personalized settings and rules. Strange, my Organize button at the top of the toolbar doesn't work but the Organize button under the Tools list does.

I think that everything is allright now. Is there anything from the old profile that I need to remove so as to not to take up unwanted disc space? My HD is kinda cramped right now.