Reload this Page >

eMac/WMV/Itunes question....

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-16-06, 03:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay here's the deal I have an eMac and through my ignorance when I downloaded Windows Media Player I somehow inadevertantly clicked on an option to have it open in Itunes. So I can't seem to view any videos.

Question, without having to call AppleCare, how do I reset this so videos don't 'open' in Itunes? I downloaded the latest version of windows media player yet everytime I try to play a video Itunes opens....and I can't seem to find my video.

Please excuse my lunkheadedness in regards to these technical matters....

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

I've already attempted to access the Itunes preferences etc.....but can't find a way to undo what I did.
Hopefully this makes sense. In summation I used to be able to view WMV files before I made the dreaded decision to have them open in Itunes.
Old 09-16-06, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
check both WMP and itunes and quicktime and set one of them to be default to play media files
Old 09-29-06, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
2 things to do:

1. Download and install Flip4Mac WMV components. They are free:
http://www.flip4mac.com/wmv_download.htm

2. It should automatically associate your WMV files with QuickTime. If it doesn't, click on any WMV file, and choose "File -> Get Info". Under the "Open with:" section, choose "WMV Player". Then, click the "Change All..." button. All your WMV (and WMA) files will now open nicely in QuickTime Player.