Reload this Page >

Itunes autoscan library folder?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Itunes autoscan library folder?

Old 09-15-06, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Itunes autoscan the library folder ?

I helped someone network in a new computer yesterday, so now both (PC's) have Itunes installed on them. The purchased Itunes songs, as well as downloaded Limewire MP3's, are located on a now shared external drive. How does Itunes keep the library listing up to date if music was added on the other computer? Winamp (which I use) has an auto-scan feature that will add new songs it finds in the folder, and Musicmatch had Watchfolders. Is there a similar function in Itunes? I can't find it. I was looking at the Consolidate Library function but that doesn't seem to be what I want to do.

Last edited by matome; 01-05-07 at 03:47 PM.
Old 09-15-06, 05:43 PM

This is something I would be interested in knowing also. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to have iTunes auto-update the music library from my MyMusic folder.

Everytime I get new songs, not from iTunes albeit, I have to manually drag/drop the new songs into the Library on iTunes.
Old 09-15-06, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's exactly what they've been doing. For Limewire songs they would actually drag the song from the downloaded file list in Limewire right into the Itunes Library window, and that worked fine on the single computer. But it won't work so well now that there are two computers using the same music folder.