Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

modify region code for dvdrom

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-14-06, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just wondering what software i should download for viewing different region codes of DVDS on my laptop. I am using the Arcade multimedia suite that was present on my laptop when i bought it. Thanks
Old 09-14-06, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

On my PC, the best (if not outdated, I'm lazy looking for new solution) solution I found is the combination of flashing my DVD-ROM's firmware and using DVD Region Free software. Using the software without flashing the firmware give me occasional problem on accessing some menu/content on several discs. Some of the new DVD-ROM drives offer region free capabilities (ie. LiteOn) but I haven't really tried that myself.

Since you're using a laptop, a firmware upgrade probably is a hard thing to find - so a region free software would probably be enough.
Old 09-14-06, 03:05 PM
lxl

You don't have to change region code, lots of sotware DVD players nowadays can play other region's DVD anyway, like Media Player Classic, vlc, etc.

I have no problems using MPC to play European DVDs on my Sony Vaio's R1 DVD-Writer (and those DVDs are not playable on my Sony,Toshiba DVD player)

Last edited by lxl; 09-14-06 at 03:10 PM.