Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Outlook Express Problem

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Outlook Express Problem

Old 09-10-06, 09:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outlook Express Problem

Help! I'm running Outlook Express 6.0. Today, after compacting my messages, my computer was very sluggish and then froze completely, so I shut down manually. After rebooting, I was shocked to find my Outlook Express inbox and sent items folders both completely empty! I have messages in there from the past few years that I still reference for work! Is there any way to retrieve them? They aren't in the Deleted folder in Outlook Express and they aren't in my recycle bin. I really need those messages back! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Old 09-11-06, 01:06 AM
lxl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OE saves its data at this directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\YourUserName\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{SomeIDString}\Microsoft\Outlook Express

First backup all files under this directory! then use a hex editor to check if they still contain your emails.