Reload this Page >

Thinking about Packet8 VOIP & Need Help

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-10-06, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thinking about switching to VOIP and Vonage and Sunrocket are not available in my area. If anyone would like to send me a referral, so I can get free setup if I decide to take the plunge, I would appreciate it.

[email protected]
Old 09-10-06, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by diesteldorf
Thinking about switching to VOIP and Vonage and Sunrocket are not available in my area. If anyone would like to send me a referral, so I can get free setup if I decide to take the plunge, I would appreciate it.

[email protected]

Can't help you with the referral, but I have tried Packet 8. It didn't work well for me at all. Dropped calls, noises on the line, etc. I bought the phone for free after $100 rebate at Home Depot, but the rebate requires you to have service for at least 30 days to qualify. The kicker is that if you cancel AFTER 30 days, you get charged a $100 cancellation fee! How's that for a choice?

I called after 35 days to cancel and was told about the fee. I was told that if I'd called within something like 32 days they could have cancelled and waived the fee. Gee, thanks for telling me! There is a very fine line there, so I would recommend that you find out *exactly* what the policy is before trying it out. I did finally call and talk to the right person and get the fee waived, but it was not easy! Now you may love it, I was certainly prepared to, but it just didn't happen for me.
Old 09-12-06, 01:36 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just bumping this hoping someone will see this and send me a referral link before I join.
Old 09-12-06, 02:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I got your back..gimme a few minutes.
Old 09-12-06, 02:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I sent you an email, as I need your first/last name to get you a referral code...
Old 09-12-06, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok, you have your referral. Does anyone else need one?

I love Packet 8, cheaper then Vonage, I have no problem with noise/dropped call, other then its like talking on a cell phone sometimes, but thats too be expected I suppose.

Free long distance, caller ID, all that good stuff, for about $24 a month. Much better then then $65 Verizon wanted BEFORE long distance.
Old 09-12-06, 05:23 PM
X
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry, but we don't do referrals here.