Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Flexible spill proof keyboard

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-07-06, 10:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always seem to break keyboards by spilling liquids into them. Any opinions on how well these perform compared to traditional keyboards ?

http://www.coolerguys.com/840556021636.html
Old 09-10-06, 08:14 PM
Suspended

My uncle's mechanic shop has one of these keyboards. I used it once and its pretty weird. Its hard to explain why this is such a big deal to me but it is pretty quiet and you cant tell if you pressed the key or not. Im used to hearing the clicking of the keys and that tells me that im hitting everything I need when im typing fast (didn't even know noise was a factor till I used that keyboard) even if im watching the keyboard or the screen. I probably confused you im sure but I cant really explain it beyond that.

When it comes to protecting from foreign substances it does its job in a mechanic shop then im sure you'll be more than ok with home use.
Old 09-11-06, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I had one and I hated it. It doesn't feel right when you're typing. Also if you don't hit the keys dead-center, it won't register.
Old 09-11-06, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm using one of those right now to post this. Once you get use to them they rock. We use them in our studio so when we type listeners can't hear noisy keystrokes on air(Radio show).
Old 09-11-06, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You might want to check the Adult forum, I'm sure you can find a wide variety of reveiws on keyboard protectors there.