Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Omgili - Search across thousands of online discussions and forums

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 09-05-06, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stumbled upon Omgili Forums search engine - it is in Beta but already indexed millions of discussions and ten of thousands forums.
It even indexes dvdtalk and you can specifically search only dvdtalk forums if you add "inforum:dvdtalk.com" to your query.

From Omgili's About page:

Omgili is a search engine designed to index web-based discussion forums. Omgili's unique algorithm analyzes forums not as a simple web page, but as an active discussion with a title, topic and replies.

Omgili was created in order to separate ordinary web pages from information rich discussion forums. The information contained in online forums is typically presented in a "question and answer" or debate style format. How is this significant?

Many times you will have a question that has already been answered. Using Omgili, you can avoid posting already asked questions and quickly find your answer. Unlike ordinary search engines that prioritize articles and edited web pages, Omgili only indexes discussion forums. Using Omgili's advanced search capabilities you can choose to independently search titles, topics or just the replies of a discussion.
Oh and Omgili means Oh My God I Love It -
Old 09-05-06, 11:12 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Doesn't google do that already?
Old 09-05-06, 11:39 AM

It is actually much better then google when searching for discussions. It states on the about page:

Omgili's unique algorithm analyzes forums not as a simple web page, but as an active discussion with a title, topic and replies.
So you get much better results IMHO... You can also search for terms only in the topics or replies or titles (you cant do that with Google). That's what I like about it, its not just another Google wanna be - when I search in it, I actually get very useful results and they are nothing like google's.

I guess Google is much better for general topics, but Omgili is much better for troubleshooting, and QNA etc...
Old 09-05-06, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This website name is in conflict with:

OhMyGodILoveIgloos.com