Reload this Page >

Burning Music Question

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Burning Music Question

Old 09-01-06, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Burning Music Question

This might be basic, but I pretty much have only used iTunes for burning music.

I have a set of songs that is 16 songs, 2.5 hours and 140.1 mb (per iTunes). Is there aan easy way to fit it on a single disc? I want to be able to play it in the car. I have both iTunes and WMP, running XP. I was wondering if there might be an easy way to burn it at a lower quality setting, if it didn't hurt the sound to much.
Old 09-01-06, 04:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If your car only supports regular audio cds, then you can only create cds of the standard lengths like 74-80 minutes. If you can play mp3 cds then you can switch itunes to create those and then you can fit as much music as the space allows on the disc.
Old 09-01-06, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Kevin M. Dean
If your car only supports regular audio cds, then you can only create cds of the standard lengths like 74-80 minutes. If you can play mp3 cds then you can switch itunes to create those and then you can fit as much music as the space allows on the disc.
Thank you for being so kind. I had done a quick search on the subject and didn't see any information.

Then of course I did a google and found everything I could ever want, including the information you provided.

Yea, I tried that and my car CD player (2000 Blazer) won't play it.

Thanks....