Reload this Page >

Frontpage Issue

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Frontpage Issue

Old 08-23-06, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Frontpage Issue

Hi there. I am developing a webpage using Frontpage. On one of the pages bave created a screen that is split in the middle so that it has two frames. On the left hand side i have a series of questions that i want people to answer (yes or no tick boxes). I want to add a submit button to the bottom so that the answers will be emailed through to me, a copy sent to the person answering and also a copy stored on the server. Is this possible> If so can anyone give me any pointers or direct me to somewhere on the web that i can read more on it.

Thanks in advace for any help.
Old 08-23-06, 10:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first, those tick boxes should really be radio buttons.

second, like i've said in all the other threads, frontpage is not a do-it-all program, but you seem to ignore this. you need to pick a web programming language, be it php, classic asp, .net whatever. or else all you have is a page that sits there and does nothing.
Old 08-23-06, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by nodoubt
first, those tick boxes should really be radio buttons.

second, like i've said in all the other threads, frontpage is not a do-it-all program, but you seem to ignore this. you need to pick a web programming language, be it php, classic asp, .net whatever. or else all you have is a page that sits there and does nothing.
Ok...first of all this is the first thread that i have posted that refers to Frontpage as the utility i am using to create a webpage. I did post another thread asking for any links to sites that have animated GIFS for Frontpage...but nothing else. So i do not see how i could be ignoring all your other comments with regards to web programming languages. I have posted other threads with regards to other pieces of software, but nothing for Frontpage.

Secondly, i am designing the web pages.....there is a programmer here where i work that is going to be taking what i have done and placing them online. Therefore it is not necessary for me to know a web programming language. The only reason why i don't simply ask him for advice is that it is almost impossible to ever meet with him, and i am going to be passing my work onto him in a saved format.

I am trying to get advice here because i would like to try and find a solution on my own and to increase my personal knowledge (which i admit is quite little as this is new to me). So i would appreciate people being a little patient with me. I appreciate your help, but at the same time you are not providing any help at all. Fine, Frontpage is not a do-it-all in one application.....but for my purposes it is. So unless you can offer any ideas then might i suggest that you refrain from replying to me as you are not providing any real suggestions, and seem to be getting rather pissed off in the process.
Old 08-23-06, 11:57 AM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=472033

i didn't know you have a programmer. in your post, you asked how to process a form (email, store) which is the job of a programmer not a designer. i did answer your question by the way though i admit i shouldn't have hinted it and should've been more direct (you need a programming language to process data). if all you have to do is to design a webpage, then you just have to drag and drop the button onto the page in design mode.

Last edited by nodoubt; 08-23-06 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-23-06, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ok.....i think your answer now clears things up for me. I have already added a submit button, but was unsure if there was anything else i could do before i have to pass it on to the programmer. I have only recently started getting involved in this and simply want to learn as much as possible as quickly as possible. I wish i had the time and the resources to go more indepth and learn more about the programming side of it....but that is not possible. If you could suggest any good sites for learning about this side of it i would very much appreciate it.

Thanks for your help....i guess i wasn't very clear in earlier threads....but we got there in the end. Cheers.
Old 08-26-06, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

If i recall, frontpage works with IIS and has some serverside components that allow form submits and such to be processed without knowing programming. I dont recall how to do it though, I'm sorry.