Reload this Page >

Recommend Me: Cheap but good Epson ink

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 08-17-06, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a CX6600 and I'm looking for some reasonably priced replacement ink for casual photo printing.

The last one I tried was SwiftInk, which was a bad experience. First, the black ink clogs after 1 day and needs a wasteful head cleaning to start working again. The colors were slightly off and one of the color carts was not recognized. The good news was they only cost me about $4 a pop and I got $3 of that back at staples.

PS. The staples $3 coupon per cart program only applies to HP, Lexmark and Dell carts starting 9/17.
Old 08-18-06, 03:00 PM

I use this brand ink in my Epson R200. I've been happy with it. No problems at all. Been using it over a year..............
http://www.supermediastore.com/epson...0-printer.html
Old 08-20-06, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. Prices are very good. Too bad shipping on a small test order is going to cost more than a whole set of ink, but they become more reasonable with bulk orders. The funny thing is if I'm not satisfied I will make more money bringing them to Staples for coupons than returning them.
Old 08-21-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
I second supermediastore. That is what I use for my Epson. I had bad experiences with myprintpal and another place whose name escapes me at the moment. Experience was basically the same as you describe. Constant clogging issues. I've gone through about 4-5 batches (6-ink system on my Epson) without a hitch from SMS.

I did notice when I first switched over the prints aren't as vibrant as official epson ink, but it was only noticeable when you put two of the same print side by side.

Thanks for the heads up on Staples. I have a bag of carts I need to turn in apparently. Doesn't office max or office depot do something similar?