Reload this Page >

Need Help with "Click to DVD Version 2.4.10" on a Sony Vaio

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-30-06, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey all.

I'm having issues with burning DVDs on my Sony Vaio VGN-S460 using the preloaded "Click to DVD" program version 2.4.10. Let me know what other specs are necessary to answer my question.

My issue is this: when burning DVDs, the program segments the video file into 10 minute chunks. The sound for the last 10 minutes consistently lags behind the video and is also distorted. This is the case during a preview prior to burning the DVD and is also the case after the DVD is complete and replayed on a standalone DVD player. The rest of the video file is complete with no noticeable lags.

I've tried burning it at different speeds (including the slowest speed) but I'm getting the same problem. It is interesting to note that if I burn several video files, the tail end of each file always shows the same issue.

Any help or suggestions? Is there any point in calling Sony Customer Serivce?

Thanks!!
Old 06-04-06, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Can anybody offer any help on this or suggest a place I can go to get some help? thanks.
Old 06-04-06, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know your specific program, but I know a lot of the 'pre-loaded' type programs can cause a delay in the audio. They aren't the best of encoders.

WinAVI and ConvertXtoDVD are two I find to be really good.

I wouldn't think it's a problem with the burner.

Also, what type of media?
Old 06-04-06, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Hey Chew.

Thanks for the suggestions. I burn the typical avi and mpeg files (downloaded off my ReplayTV via DVArchive) onto 4x DVD+R discs. Is that what you're asking?

Oh, are the two programs you mentioned FREE?
Old 06-04-06, 06:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Most of the "good" encoders aren't free, sorry.

What brand of DVD+R do you use? If it's cheapo stuff, that could cause these kinds of problems.

It's difficult to figure out specifically what might be causing the problem unless you try replacing one of the steps until you get good results.

One of the best sites out there for this type of info is videohelp.com. Here's a list of encoders: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=9#9

Here's a freeware program that looks interesting to try: http://www.videohelp.com/tools?tool=Avi2Dvd

It'll take .avi to DVD and give you a basic menu.
Old 06-06-06, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thanks. i'm going away in the next two days so i won't have time to look at them just yet. but i will once i get back. thanks for the links chew!