Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Sound drops out of burned AVI file to DVD -- newb needs help

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-29-06, 09:34 PM

Okay, here's my situation -- I used Windows Movie Maker to put together a short (24 minute) video of my son's kindergarten graduation. I saved it as a high-quality (DV-AVI) .AVI file. Seems to be absolutely fine in all respects, including the 16x9 format in which it was originally recorded with my Panasonic GS-250 camcorder. I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 (1GB memory) in which I'm doing my editing and burning. I used Sony's DVD Architect Studio 3.0 to actually burn the AVI file as a single-movie DVD.

I popped the finished disc into my player, and all seemed well until about 2 or 3 minutes. Suddenly, the sound disappeared for the remainder of the entire disc. I brought the AVI file back into Architect Studio, and I see the audio "wave" go right up until the exact moment the sound dropped out, at which point it "flatlines."

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. The AVI file seems to have all of the audio on it (I brought it into another program to preview it; unfortunately, that program doesn't support burning widescreen so I don't want to use it). Is anyone out there who has some experience with doing this have any ideas on what's up? I'm new at this, so I don't have any idea what's happening.

Thanks everyone!