Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

best digital camera under $500 for concerts?

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-28-06, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i currently have a canon sd200 and a sony dsc-m1. neither of them take great pics at concerts even within the first few rows. I always end up with blurry pics and am not enough of a camera techie to do anything but point and click.

my question is would a camera with an image stabilizer probably solve my problem? and if someone could recomend a good camera for concerts, i'd appreciate it.

i am looking at the panasonic dmc-fx01k and the panasonic dmc-tz1k. i want something that can fit in my pocket and still have a decent zoom.
Old 05-28-06, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
i currently have a canon sd200 and a sony dsc-m1. neither of them take great pics at concerts even within the first few rows. I always end up with blurry pics and am not enough of a camera techie to do anything but point and click.

my question is would a camera with an image stabilizer probably solve my problem? and if someone could recomend a good camera for concerts, i'd appreciate it.

i am looking at the panasonic dmc-fx01k and the panasonic dmc-tz1k. i want something that can fit in my pocket and still have a decent zoom.
yeah...image stabilizer would probably help out. *or* a nice fast lens.

if new, the panasonics and canon with i.s. are pretty good.

if used, i'd look at one of those older 'f' series sony cameras. they have a great lens on them and they're pretty quick. i've seen some great concert shots with them (ask keyser soze about the u2 concert).