Reload this Page >

Gmail question

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Gmail question

Old 05-26-06, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gmail question

I was authorized for the Gmail hosted e-mail that they are offering in beta. I am testing this out with a domain I use for my HOA, so it's not a mission critical domain right now.

My question is with contact lists. I setup a list of 60 e-mail addresses, and I always want to BCC them. Is there a simple way to do this? I can select the contact list from the 'Contacts' menu, but those addresses populate in the To: field. I want to populate the BCC: field.
Old 05-26-06, 08:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like they don't offer this yet.
Old 05-27-06, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So far, when I've had to do this, I've just copied and pasted to the BCC field and then deleted the addresses from the To: field. Yeah, it adds a couple of steps, but it's prety quick and painless.

Another way to do it is to just use an e-mail client like Outlook Express or Mozilla Thunderbird for your Gmail access. Gmail does support POP3. You'll have to have your address book on your local machine, though.
Old 07-24-06, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Different gmail question:

Is there any way to start a block address list? I need a list where I can block or unblock a given address. Anybody know if this is possible?

Thanks!
-ringding-
Old 07-24-06, 08:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts
Another related gmail ? -
I just want a way to block EVERYTHING that comes from somewhere other than my contact list. I set up some filters, but I still get 1-2 spam a day. Is there a better way to accomplish this?