Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Treo 650 Question

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Treo 650 Question

Old 05-23-06, 09:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Treo 650 Question

I am considering a Treo 650 for my wife and I but we have a couple questions. Hopefully those of you that own one can help.

1. Can you use the Palm (Calendar, contacts, etc) while you are on a call? How do you do this? Do you put the call on speakerphone and access the PDA functions?

2. Is it good as a phone AND as a PDA?

3. If I get the data service (Cingular) can I hook it up to my laptop and access the internet with the laptop?

Are there any other questions I should be asking?

Thanks, GR8VETTE
Old 05-23-06, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

1. Yes, but I've found that I can't surf the web while on a call.

2. It's decent, but very bulky

3. I think you can, but I've never done it. I would imagine it would be pretty fast since the web browsing on the Treo is pretty darn fast (compared to a Blackberry it's night and day)
Old 05-24-06, 03:43 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The Treo forums are pretty busy ... and aximsite.com is not just for Dell Axim ppc's but for pretty much all mobile products.

You can find some great support from those forums.
Old 05-24-06, 09:07 AM

1. Yes...you can use speaker phone or hands free and do anything on the treo that does not require a data connectoin while on the phone (the phone and data can not be active at the same time)

2. YES YES YES This is my opinion and it varies. I think it depends on what you want to do with it. For regular phone use its great, for regular PDA use its ok

3. Yes, but depending on your contract for data, and your provider it can be troublesome. I have sprint and do not have any issues....IT is very coool to be in a car driving down the highway and able to surf at better than dial up speed on your laptop!

There are lots of questions you should ask, but those are a pretty good start. treocentral is a good forum to ask questions and do research, as well as the others mentioned above.
Good luck