Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > General Discussions > Tech Talk
Reload this Page >

Inserting a Movie into a Powerpoint presentation question.

Tech Talk Discuss PC Hardware, Software, Internet and Other Technology

Old 05-17-06, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hi there. I am currently creating a ppt presentation and i have a couple of movie files that i want to add in. Now i have been able to add them in no problem, however what i want to be able to do is have the presentation on full screen and be able to click or select the animation to play. The only way i have seen to have the movie play is by either selecting it to automatically play when the slide appears or by clicking on the movie file directly (however when i do this the presentation is no longer in full screen mode). Does anyone know if there is a hot key that can be selected to play a movie file on a ppt slide or any other way i can play the movie whilst still being in full screen mode? I know that there is a way of setting a delay, but i don't like this idea as i am not sure how much time i will need before i want to play the movie.

Any help is really appreciated as always.
Old 05-17-06, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What version of Powerpoint are you using? With Powerpoint 2003, it prompts me about how I want it to start (Automatically or On Click) when I add it to the slide. Both show the clip in its original size.
Old 05-18-06, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks i will give it a go. I just realized that the verions of Powerpoint i am using at work is an old version. I have 2003 on my home computer so i will give it a go tonight.